Bing Ads recently announced the release of ad extension scheduling. This means you can now control when your extensions are delivered. You’ll have the ability to reduce wasted clicks by scheduling ad extensions to display during the most ideal time for your business. Improve customer experience by catering to targeted customers helping to increase your click-through rate potential. Enhance your ads with offers by highlighting time-sensitive deals, promotions, and offers. Last but not least, achieve campaign consistency across platforms.
The new ad extension scheduling is available for the following extension types:
- Structured snippets
This feature gives you the ability to enhance your ads with time-sensitive offers. Use one of the many ad extensions to highlight deals, promotions, and offers when you want. Meaning you can add these to your original or generic ads allowing you to spend less time creating copy and leaving more time for other aspects or the sale or account optimizations.
You can implement ad extension scheduling through the Bing Ads UI, Google Import, Bing Ads API and bulk upload. This feature is available in all Bing global markets.
An important note to be aware of is that scheduling your ad extensions does not guarantee that the extensions will be shown. Ad extension delivery still depends on several factors.
Interested in how to get started:
- Click Campaigns at the top of the page.
- Click the Ad Extensions tab.
- Select the ad extension you want to add a schedule to and select Campaign or Ad group.
- Click +Add new extension.
- Enter the required information for the extensions.
- Expand Selected days and hours to set the date range, schedule display time, and time zone details.
- Click Save.
You can also edit by:
- Selecting the ad extension that contains the schedule you want to edit.
- Clicking Edit next to the Create ad extension button and select Edit an extension.
- Edit the Selected days and hours details.
- Click Save.
Scheduling details are available for all ad extension types, except for Sitelinks. Bing Ads notes that potential improvements to Sitelinks are coming and when that feature is rolled out, scheduling details will be available.